Fees Guidelines Frequently Asked Questions
|Name||Capacity||Cost Per Hour||Features||Features Cont'd|
|Gymnasiums||100 -300||$85/hour||74' x 108'||Air conditioning, sports core flooring|
|Small Classroom||15||$30/hr||11' x 28' ,white erase board||sink and countertop|
|Medium Classroom||40-60||$40/hr||30' x 28'||projector screen, white-erase board|
|Extra Large Multi-purpose Room||100 - 125||$75/hr||60' x 28'||projector screen, white-erase board|
|Dance Room||25||$40/hr||30' x 28'||full-length mirror, ballet bar, wood floors|
|Warming Kitchen||$25/hr||Microwave, stove, refrigerator||Fish fry and grills not permitted|
The base rate is listed for each room and may change based on the type of rental per the Raleigh parks Fees and Charges Policy.
Rental Application Fee - $15 flat fee
This required fee is non-refundable.
Damage Deposit - $100 flat fee. The fee will be returned, minus any charges assessed after the rental is completed. It may take up to 5 business weeks based on type of payment.
Supervisory Fee - $20 per hour
Fee required for rentals outside of normal hours.
Reserving a Space
- Visit the facility to verify the space will work for your event. The approximate capacities are listed.
- Verify that the room, date, and time requested is available.
- Submit a completed rental agreement and full payment to the center.
- All spaces are first-come, first-serve. Reservations may be made no more than 4 months or no less than 14 days in advance.
- Renters must include set up and clean up time in the time rented. All rooms must be rented for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Renters are responsible for the behavior of their guests.
- Additional staff may be required for large rentals at the renter’s expense.
- Teen and dance Party Requirements: a. A guest list must be provided at least 14 days prior to the event. Only guests on the list will be allowed in the facility. b. Off-duty RPD police officer may be required at the expense of the renter. c. Provide chaperone plan for the event.
- There are additional requirements based on the rental activities. Certificate of Insurance: Million dollar policy listing the City as additionally insured. Catering Permit: Form for caterer if serving food during rental. Assembly Permit: Form for events expecting more than 100 people. Vendor/Concession/Admission: Required if funds are taken on City property.
- All transfers, cancellations, and refunds will follow the PRCR departments refund policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I start setting up for my rental?
Set up may begin at the start of the rental time. Clean-up must be complete by the end of the rented time.
Who cleans the room after the event?
The renter is responsible for cleaning the room, including mopping, taking out the trash and putting away tables and chairs.
Can I use decorations in the room?
Renters may use freestanding decorations, but nothing attached to walls. Decorations must be removed at the end of the rental.
Is there electronic equipment available?
There is no electronic equipment, such as projectors or microphones, available for renters.
Are tables and chairs available?
Tables and chairs may be used by rental groups based on availability.
How late may I rent the space?
The facility may be rented between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. The renter is responsible for fees for rentals outside of normal operating hours.
Can I bring a grill or fish fryer?
Grills and fish fryers are not allowed at this location.