How it Works Best Location Benefits Wetlands in Raleigh
How it Works
A man-made or constructed wetland or water garden is a large, planted area between dry land and a stream that's covered in shallow water. Plants that thrive in wet conditions filter out the pollution carried in stormwater runoff that enters this area.
- Low-lying land that's wet year-round
- A lot of sunlight to support the plants
- Good for open space near a stream, creek, or river
- One of the most effective ways to manage stormwater
- Improves water quality
- Creates a healthy ecosystem
- Helps store rainwater
Wetlands in Raleigh
Learn more about wetlands in Raleigh!