How it Works During Your Appointment
The Planning and Development Department is excited to announce that online appointments for residential construction are now available for the following types of work:
|Types of Work|
|Permit Status Inquiry||Deck/Porch||New Residential Single-Family Construction|
|Permit Submission Inquiry||Fences||Detached Accessory Structures|
|Residential Interior Alteration or Solar installation||Additions||Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU)|
For more information about each type of work, please see the Residential Booking Work Type Details.
Customers can reserve a specific time to speak with an intake specialist to ask questions about submittal processes, check on a permit in review, or have a residential project reviewed and submitted for processing. This service is being offered as a pilot program and may be modified at the convenience of City staff to ensure the success of the program.
How it Works
- Please plan to be flexible with scheduling. The intake specialist will reach out one day prior to the requested appointment date by email and confirm the appointment time.
- Appointments must be scheduled two business days in advance.
- One submittal per appointment.
- There is a maximum of three appointments allowed in one day (scheduled in succession) per client.
- All documents must be sent to ResidentialBooking@raleighnc.gov one day prior to your appointment. Please note: If we do not receive submittal documents prior to your appointment, your appointment will be canceled, and you will need to reschedule the appointment for a different day.
- Documents need to be completed thoroughly and signed.
- Send all documents in PDF format, properly labeled by document type.
- All plan review fees are due at the time of the appointment.
- If you are more than five minutes late, your appointment may need to be rescheduled. This assures your project can be fully reviewed and processed in one session.
- Please be logged in to the portal during the appointment to ensure projects are properly linked and invoices are received.
If you have questions about your submission or the submittal process, please reach out to ResidentialBooking@raleighnc.gov prior to scheduling an appointment. This will help staff avoid delays as the appointment process follows a structured timeline.
During Your Appointment
An intake staff member will:
For submission inquiries: answer questions about the permitting process, questions on how to complete documents for submission, and intake requirements for new submissions.
For status inquiries: provide status updates on existing cases only.
For new submissions: review your documents for completeness and ensure all required documents have been received for submission.
After review, the intake specialist will create your project case and the plan review invoice. Once the invoice is paid, the intake specialist will start the first review cycle.