Access Your Account Online Legal Name Changes If Account Holder is Deceased Printable Forms Questions about Your Utility Bill?
You can make changes to your account like updating your information, ask to receive e-bills, set up your auto pay, and view your usage history online account or by calling Customer Service at 919-996-3245.
Access Your Account Online
More than 98,000 City of Raleigh utility accounts are managed by customers using Customer Care and Billing Online Services. If you haven't already signed up, register today.
You will have access to:
- Make a payment
- E-Bill enrollment
- Auto pay enrollment
- Access account information
- Update your information
- Financial and usage history
- Current and previous bills
- Manage Budget Billing
As a registered user of Customer Care and Billing Online Services, you will be eligible to receive your monthly utility bills electronically (E-Bill). If you choose to enroll in E-Bill, it can be done easily when you are signed in to the online system.
As a registered user of the Customer Care and Billing Online Services, you can elect to receive your City of Raleigh utility bills electronically. There are many advantages to E-Bill: Email notification with bill details; receive your bill instantly, no mailing delays, reduce paperwork and simple and convenient access.
Here's how it works:
- An E-Bill customer receives an email alert each month when their paperless bill has been prepared.
- The email alert includes the Amount Due and Due Date, as well as links to make an online payment, view the current bill, etc.
- Paper bills will no longer be mailed; however, if a paper copy is needed, it can be printed from the self service site.
Sign up today to start receiving electronic statements. If you have more than one account, you will need to accept the E-Bill terms and conditions for each account. Enrollment is simple. Why not give it a try?
Legal Name Changes
To request an update to the name on an existing account due to a legal name change, please contact a Customer Service Representative by email or call 919-996-3245 for assistance.
You may be asked to provide the following:
- Utility account number and/or service address
- Current name on account
- Identifying information - Social Security Number, Driver's License, etc.
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Legal document to support name change
- Effective date of the change
If Account Holder is Deceased
It is unlawful to retain a utility account in the name of a deceased person.
The account must be closed and a new account opened in the name of the responsible party (i.e., the surviving spouse or family member, an estate or trust, etc.).
In addition to the items listed above, you may be asked to provide copies of:
- Death certificate
- Court documents
- Testamentary letter
- Any other affidavit or document from the court that verifies that an estate exists and/or designates the executor's name and address
A deposit of $50 may still be required. However, the service initiation fee of $50 for the new account will be waived in this circumstance.
The following forms are available to print, complete and submit to the City of Raleigh:
- Start Service
- Stop Service & Request Final Billing
- AutoPay Bank Draft Authorization
- Landlord Program - Utilities Authorization
- Request for Meter Sets
- Medical Life Support Application
- Medical Life Support Terms and Conditions
- Payment Plan Contract
Questions about Your Utility Bill?
You're probably not alone. Many customers have the same questions. Please review our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to the questions we receive most often. If you don't find your answer here, we will be happy to assist you.
Email Customer Care and Billing or call 919-996-3245,