The Raleigh Police Department is committed to the safety and fair, respectful treatment of all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ+) residents and visitors.
The LGBTQ+ Liaison strengthens the relationship between the LGBTQ+ community and the Raleigh Police Department by creating mutual trust and confidence through community involvement, departmental education, and by ensuring fair and professional policing services.
- Work as a single point of contact between the Raleigh Police Department and the LGBTQ+ community.
- Work with all units of the Department that request assistance in identifying with LGBTQ+ citizens and addressing their concerns.
- Assist and advise, as needed, with the Department’s leadership on cases involving the LGBTQ+ Community or LGBTQ+ Issues
- Provide a forum for the LGBTQ+ community to express concerns regarding crimes directed against the LGBTQ+ community.
- Meet with and provide a forum for business owners, community groups, and individuals of the LGBTQ+ Community, and present information on relevant law enforcement issues.
- Collaborate with community leaders, businesses, and residents to design and implement public safety projects and programs to increase and improve the safety of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Facilitate an overall open relationship between the LGBTQ+ community and the Police Chief’s Office.
- Meet with leaders of Raleigh’s LGBTQ+ community as well as attending LGBTQ+ community events to build relationships