National Faith & Blue Weekend (Faith & Blue) is a collaborative initiative that builds bridges and breaks down biases through activities and outreach amongst law enforcement professionals and the communities they serve.
The purpose of National Faith & Blue Weekend is to create safer, more inclusive communities by connecting law enforcement officers and the residents they protect and serve. National Faith & Blue Weekend will consist of activities that will occur in communities of every kind and will include a wide array of activities such as picnics, athletic events, forums, and community service projects. All activities will be designed to facilitate law enforcement officers and the public getting to know each other, and to build mutual understanding. We expect there will be activities in every state this year, and thousands of participants.
The events will serve as the culmination of National Community Policing Week. This historic effort involves every major national law enforcement group in the United States as well as with the federal agencies most directly engaged with local law enforcement.
For more information about National Faith & Blue Weekend, visit www.faithandblue.org.
Events scheduled in Raleigh:
- October 9, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. - Community Health Fair hosted by Food Lion and Give Back Organization (1100 N. Raleigh Blvd., Raleigh)
- October 9, 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - United for Wellness hosted by Tierra Deseable Church (4201 Green Road, Raleigh)
- October 9, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. - Faith and Blue Basketball Event hosted by Mabon Athletics Basketball Club and North Haven Church (6620 Six Forks Road, Raleigh)
- October 10, 9:15 a.m. to 10:40 a.m. - Church with the Chief hosted by North Haven Church (6620 Six Forks Road, Raleigh)
- October 10, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Salute to Our Officers hosted by Macedonia New Life Church (2004 Rock Quarry Road, Raleigh) - CANCELED
- October 10, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. - Church with RPD Service hosted by St. Matthews Baptist Church Security Ministry (5410 Louisburg Road, Raleigh)
- October 11, 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. - A Conversation Between RPD and the Raleigh Baha'i Community (online event)