If you would like to be considered for service on the Raleigh Transit Authority, please complete the online interest form.
The Raleigh Transit Authority (RTA) conducts regularly scheduled, monthly business meetings. All Authority meetings are open to the public. The dates and locations of all Authority meetings are publicized. Regular business meetings are normally scheduled at 3:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of the month, September through May. Occasional, special "called" meetings may be held. The Authority also encourages public input.
Raleigh Transit Authority, RTA Finance, RTA Route and RTA Marketing Committee meeting dates can be found on the City of Raleigh's Event Calendar.
|October 8, 2020||February 11, 2021||June 10, 2021|
|November 12, 2020||March 11, 2021||July 8, 2021|
|December 10, 2020||April 8, 2021||August 12, 2021|
|January 7, 2021||May 13, 2021||September 9, 2021|
October 8 Meeting:
- The October 8, 2020 meeting of the Raleigh Transit Authority will be a remote meeting held virtually. The meeting will be held at 3:30 p.m. Public Comment begins at 4 p.m. The October agenda can be found here.
- If you'd like to submit a comment for the upcoming virtual meeting, please email GoRaleigh@raleighnc.gov no later than noon on October 8.
- The meeting may be viewed live via RTN 11, the City’s live stream page, and YouTube.
The Governor has issued executive orders requiring individuals to remain in their homes, except for certain activities, closing many businesses to the public, and prohibiting any gatherings which do not comply with its terms. Because of the risks to the public that would arise from continued in person meetings, pursuant to N.C.G.S. 166A-19.24, the City is converting Raleigh Transit Authority meetings to a remote electronic format for the duration of the State of Emergency.
If you'd like to submit a comment for an upcoming virtual meeting, please email GoRaleigh@raleighnc.gov.
Established in the City Code to set general policy within funding and budgeting parameters approved by the Raleigh City Council. The Authority is comprised of nine citizens who are appointed by the Raleigh City Council. Authority members serve for two year terms without pay.
Established by Ordinance No. (1975)-1.
Finance and Policy Committee
- Meeting Schedule: First Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
- Members: Michael Stevenson - Chair, Daniel Coleman, Morris Cook, Joshua Gill, Tolulope Omokaiye - Ex-Officio
Reviews any budget/financial issues referred from the Transit Authority and other sub-committees as well as studies questions/policies related to transit and the GoRaleigh Access program.
|October 7, 2020||February 3, 2021||June 2, 2021|
|November 4, 2020||March 3, 2021||July 7, 2021|
|December 2, 2020||April 7, 2021||August 4, 2021|
|January 6, 2021||May 5, 2021||September 1, 2021|
- Meeting Schedule: First Tuesday at 11 a.m.
- Members: Chair - Nathan Spencer, Christopher Jones, Sara Prado, Ex-Officio - Tolulope Omokaiye
Studies questions dealing with routes, services, passenger amenities.
|October 6, 2020||February 2, 2021||June 1, 2021|
|November 3, 2020||March 2, 2021||July 6, 2021|
|December 1, 2020||April 6, 2021||August 3, 2021|
|January 5, 2021||May 4, 2021||September 7, 2021|
- Meeting Schedule: First Thursday at 12 p.m.
- Members: Chair - Karen Rindge, Brian Burnett, Robert Owens, Tolulope Omokaiye - Ex-Officio
Formulates annual marketing program for Transit Authority approval and monitors program execution by staff.
|October 1, 2020||February 4, 2021||June 3, 2021|
|November 5, 2020||March 4, 2021||July 1, 2021|
|December 3, 2020||April 1, 2021||August 5, 2021|
|January 7, 2021||May 6, 2021||September 2, 2021|
City Council Liaison
|Christopher Jones||Daniel Coleman||Joshua Gill|
|Karen Rindge||Morris Cook||Sara Prado
|Michael Stevenson||Brian Burnett||Robert Owens
2020 Monthly Performance Reports
|January 2020||April 2020|
|February 2020||May 2020|
|March 2020||June 2020|
2019 Monthly Performance Reports
|January 2019||April 2019||July 2019||October 2019|
|February 2019||May 2019||August 2019||November 2019|
|March 2019||June 2019||September 2019||December 2019|
July 2019 RTA Work Session