February 13, 2020
Raleigh Municipal Building
222 W. Hargett Street
Raleigh, North Carolina 27601
Established in the City Code to set general policy within funding and budgeting parameters approved by the Raleigh City Council. The Authority is comprised of nine citizens who are appointed by the Raleigh City Council. Authority members serve for two year terms without pay.
Established by Ordinance No. (1975) 785.
The Raleigh Transit Authority (RTA) conducts regularly scheduled, monthly business meetings. All Authority meetings are open to the public. The dates and locations of all Authority meetings are publicized. Regular business meetings are normally scheduled at 3:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of the month, September through May. Occasional, special "called" meetings may be held. The Authority also encourages public input.
Finance and Policy Committee
- Meeting Schedule: First Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
- Members: Michael Stevenson - Chair, Daniel Coleman, Morris Cook, Tolulope Omokaiye - Ex-Officio
Reviews any budget/financial issues referred from the Transit Authority and other sub-committees as well as studies questions/policies related to transit and the GoRaleigh Access program.
- Meeting Schedule: First Tuesday at 11 a.m.
- Members: Chair - Nathan Spencer, Christopher Jones, Sherita McCullers, Ex-Officio - Tolulope Omokaiye
Studies questions dealing with routes, services, passenger amenities.
- Meeting Schedule: First Thursday at 12 p.m.
- Members: Chair - Karen Rindge, Brian Burnett, Tolulope Omokaiye - Ex-Officio
Formulates annual marketing program for Transit Authority approval and monitors program execution by staff.
Raleigh Transit Authority, RTA Finance, RTA Route and RTA Marketing Committee meeting dates can be found on the City of Raleigh's Event Calendar.
Search Archived Minutes by Year
2019 Monthly Performance Reports
July 2019 RTA Work Session