The Raleigh Transit Authority (RTA) conducts regularly scheduled, monthly business meetings. All Authority meetings are open to the public. The dates and locations of all Authority meetings are publicized. Regular business meetings are normally scheduled at 3:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of the month, September through May. Occasional, special "called" meetings may be held. The Authority also encourages public input.
Raleigh Transit Authority, RTA Finance, RTA Route and RTA Marketing Committee meeting dates can be found on the City of Raleigh's Event Calendar.
|January 14, 2021||May 13, 2021||September 9, 2021|
|February 11, 2021||June 10, 2021||October 14, 2021|
|March 11, 2021||July 8, 2021||November 11, 2021|
|April 8, 2021||August 12, 2021||December 9, 2021|
April 8 Meeting:
- The April 8, 2021 meeting of the Raleigh Transit Authority will be a remote meeting held virtually. The meeting will be held at 3:30 p.m. Public Comment begins at 4 p.m. You can view RTA Agendas and Minutes on BoardDocs.
- If you'd like to submit a comment for the upcoming virtual meeting, please email GoRaleigh@raleighnc.gov no later than noon on April 8.
- The meeting may be viewed live via RTN 11, the City’s live stream page, and YouTube.
The General Assembly has approved the use of remote meetings during the statewide COVID-19 state of emergency pursuant to Session Law 2020-3, N.C. Gen. Stat. § 166A-19.24. The remote meetings of the City Council and the City Boards will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of that statute.
If you'd like to submit a comment for an upcoming virtual meeting, please email GoRaleigh@raleighnc.gov.
Established in the City Code to set general policy within funding and budgeting parameters approved by the Raleigh City Council. The Authority is comprised of nine citizens who are appointed by the Raleigh City Council. Authority members serve for two year terms without pay.
Established by Ordinance No. (1975)-1.
- Meeting Schedule: First Tuesday at 11 a.m.
- Members: Chair - Nathan Spencer, Sara Prado, Ex-Officio - Tolulope Omokaiye
Studies questions dealing with routes, services, passenger amenities.
|January 5, 2021||May 4, 2021||September 7, 2021|
|February 2, 2021||June 1, 2021||October 5, 2021|
|March 2, 2021||July 6, 2021||November 2, 2021|
|April 6, 2021||August 3, 2021||December 7, 2021|
Finance and Policy Committee
- Meeting Schedule: First Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
- Members: Michael Stevenson - Chair, Morris Cook, Joshua Gill, Tolulope Omokaiye - Ex-Officio
Reviews any budget/financial issues referred from the Transit Authority and other sub-committees as well as studies questions/policies related to transit and the GoRaleigh Access program.
|January 6, 2021||May 5, 2021||September 1, 2021|
|February 3, 2021||June 2, 2021||October 6, 2021|
|March 3, 2021||July 7, 2021||November 3, 2021|
|April 7, 2021||August 4, 2021||December 1, 2021|
- Meeting Schedule: First Thursday at 1 p.m.
- Members: Chair - Karen Rindge, Brian Burnett, Tolulope Omokaiye - Ex-Officio
Formulates annual marketing program for Transit Authority approval and monitors program execution by staff.
|January 7, 2021||May 6, 2021||September 1, 2021|
|February 4, 2021||June 3, 2021||October 7, 2021|
|March 4, 2021||July 1, 2021||November 4, 2021|
|April 1, 2021||August 5, 2021||December 2, 2021|
City Council Liaison
|Michael Stevenson||Brian Burnett||Jennifer Truman|
|Karen Rindge||Joshua Gill||LaPonda Edmonson
|Morris Cook||Sara Prado||
2020 Monthly Performance Reports
|January 2020||April 2020||July 2020||October 2020|
|February 2020||May 2020||August 2020|
|March 2020||June 2020||September 2020|
2019 Monthly Performance Reports
|January 2019||April 2019||July 2019||October 2019|
|February 2019||May 2019||August 2019||November 2019|
|March 2019||June 2019||September 2019||December 2019|