The Infrastructure Inspections group is responsible for making sure that private development projects such as residential subdivisions, multi-family developments, and commercial properties conform to city standards. Infrastructure can include water and sewer, roadways, sidewalks, curb and gutters, and storm sewers.
Schedule a Pre-Construction Meeting
A pre-construction meeting with an Engineering Inspection Coordinator is required if the work impacts sidewalks within high volume pedestrian areas such as Downtown, Glenwood South, or Hillsborough Street.
A pre-construction meeting with a Right-of-Way Services Coordinator and the City's Project Manager and their contractor is required if the work impacts any City of Raleigh project.
- The meeting must occur at least five business days prior to the start of any work or obstruction of the right-of-way. This includes but not limited to:
- Demolition, mass grading, and sidewalk removal;
- Utility installation (water and sewer);
- Any lane or sidewalk closures.
- Permits are required prior to any work happening in the right-of-way. The City may require clients to schedule a meeting prior to permit issuance.
Schedule an Inspection
All inspections must be scheduled via a registered account in the Permit and Development Portal. If you have issues scheduling an inspection, please email Field Services as soon as possible. Please provide them as much information as possible regarding your project in your email.