The renter is responsible for making sure all guests adhere to these rules. Failure to abide by the rules may result in some or all the damage deposit being withheld.
All rentals must be paid in full and have a signed contract before rental. You will not be allowed to enter the room or set-up anything until the start time specified on your contract. Likewise, we expect you to be cleaned up and out of the room by the ending time specified on your contract. Additional fees may apply if the rental extends beyond the scheduled departure time or if additional services are used/requested.
Alcohol is only permitted in rental areas paid for; it is not allowed outside approved rental areas(e.g., If you have reserved the Conference Room and Veranda, your guests may not have alcohol in the restrooms or on the Beach, Deck, etc.) Alcohol consumption must be limited to beer and/or wine.
Decorations and Music
Rental parties are accountable for their decorations and food/drink. The City of Raleigh is not responsible for items left after rentals.
- Only approved Command Strips (be sure to remove them properly) and wall putty are to be used to decorate. No stapling, taping, nailing, tacking, or anything else that may damage walls or other equipment. Decorations on the Deck or Verandah must also be able to be removed without marks or damage.
- Due to the facility’s “nature park” status and concern for native wildlife, renters may not toss confetti or similar items indoors or outdoors (rice, birdseed, natural or artificial plant materials, glitter, etc.). Balloons are not allowed to be displayed outdoors. Likewise, balloon releases are not allowed, and floating objects may not be released into the lake.
- Bands and/or DJs must be counted in the total maximum people and comply with City noise ordinances. Renting the Deck and/or Verandah in addition to the Conference Room does not increase your maximum capacity.
Outside Areas and Grilling
- Rental parties are not allowed access to boats, docks, or beach areas outside park hours (sunrise-sunset).
- Grills and/or fryers must be at least 15 feet away from all structures. (Please ask for designated areas for such equipment.) Groups using grills or fryers are required to have a fire extinguisher on-site; ask park staff for more information.
- Due to the fire code, no candles, gas grills, charcoal grills, propane heaters, tiki torches, etc., are allowed in the Conference Room on the Deck/Verandah area (this includes birthday candles).
Smoking and Trash
- Smoking is not allowed in the Conference Room, on the Deck/Verandah, or anywhere in the park except for the parking lots. Please dispose of cigarettes in the proper trash receptacle.
- Upon completion of the event, all trash will be placed in garbage bins. If the bins become full during the event, notify lake staff to replace the full trash bags with new ones.
If you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at 919-996-3141 or email LakeJohnsonRentals@RaleighNC.gov.