Extra Recycling Cart Extra Garbage Cart Yard Waste Cart - Only One Per Household
The City of Raleigh Solid Waste Services provides all single-family households with one complimentary yard waste cart, a recycling cart, and a garbage cart. Carts are provided to encourage recycling and support efficient curbside pickup. If a home does not have existing carts, the 95-gallon roll carts are delivered upon request when customers set up water service with the City.
Customers can purchase an additional recycling and garbage cart. Solid Waste Services will service up to two recycling and two garbage carts during routine collection. Additional yard waste cart(s) cannot be purchased at this time.
If a cart is not functional, customers can contact the Customer Care Center at 919-996-3245 to request repairs or cart replacement. Please note, replacement carts may be gently used.
Extra Recycling Cart
There are two sizes to pick from when purchasing an additional recycling container:
|Large 95-Gallon Roll Cart||$50||45.13"H x 28.7"W x 33.73"D|
Small 65-Gallon Roll Cart
|$48||40.50"H x 26.7"W x 28.11"|
How to order
Simply call our Customer Care Center at 919-996-3245 to place your order. The cost will be added to your next monthly utility bill and our crews will deliver the recycling cart to the address specified in the request.
I don't have that much recycling. Can I trade in my 95-gallon roll cart for smaller one?
Yes, we understand single residents or smaller families may not need the capacity of the 95 gallon cart (or maybe you're just not a big consumer, great!). To switch to a smaller cart, please call Customer Care Center at 919-996-3245.
- Request to switch to a 65-gallon recycling cart only after you use the 95-gallon cart through the first holiday period.
- Before you make the call, please do consider that we provide bi-weekly collection, those times around the holidays when extra recyclables are generated, and perhaps the future when we are able to secure markets for even more materials.
- Also remember, if you put your cart out only when it is full, you can save yourself time as well as increase crew efficiencies and reduce GHG emissions as the vehicles will not have as many "stop and goes".
Extra Garbage Cart
For residents who consistently produce more garbage than will fit in the 95-gallon cart, there are a couple of options:
- Purchase a second garbage cart. Each household may purchase one additional cart for a fee of $50.
- Ensure that you are recycling all that you can. This will help reduce the amount of garbage you have! Review this list of the items that we accept for recycling.
To purchase an additional garbage cart, call our Customer Care Center at 919-996-3245.
Yard Waste Cart - Only One Per Household
City Ordinance restricts Yard Waste Cart usage to only one per household at this time. Learn more about other options residents have to prepare yard waste.