The community recycling site located at the Raleigh Triangle ReStore (2420 N. Raleigh Blvd.) will permanently close on Monday, Dec. 11. While the containers are owned by the city, they are located on private property as part of a long-standing partnership with Habitat for Humanity to encourage community-wide recycling and waste diversion. The property owner has asked the city to remove the containers due to continued issues with illegal dumping and contamination from non-recyclable and hazardous waste.
The three recycling sites closest to the Raleigh Triangle Restore are listed below. They are managed by Wake County.
- Convenience Center #5 The Household Garbage & Recycling Center - 8401 Battle Bridge Rd, Raleigh
- Convenience Center #4 Household Garbage & Recycling Center - 3600 Yates Mill Pond, Raleigh
- Convenience Center #10 Household Garbage & Recycling Center - 5216 Knightdale-Eagle Rock Rd, Knightdale
You can also use this helpful online tool to help determine the best location to dispose of your materials at a location convenient to you.
As a reminder, curbside trash, recyclables, and yard waste collection are available to all Solid Waste Services customers in the City of Raleigh. In addition, our community offers several convenient options to dispose of unwanted, hazardous, and reusable materials.
- For larger items that can go in the landfill but do not fit in the garbage cart, learn about Raleigh Bulky Load Collection service. This service is free!
- For items not eligible for Bulky Load Collection, try our Raleigh Special Load service.
- Wake County provides 11 Convenience Centers for a variety of unwanted items.
For questions about disposal options, residents can contact Solid Waste Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the Triangle ReStore you can contact Mr. Michael Franks at 919-744-2419.