Raleigh is ...
Fueled by an impressive mix of education, ingenuity and collaboration, and has become an internationally recognized leader in life science and technology innovation. We’re a 21st century city of innovation focusing on environmental, cultural, and economic sustainability.
Raleigh employees ...
- Welcome growth and diversity through programs that protect and enhance the City’s neighborhoods, natural amenities, history, and cultural and human resources for future generations.
- Lead to improved quality of life for neighborhoods and standard of living for all residents.
- Promote new technology, create new job opportunities, and encourage local businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Carry out the duties of the city through transparent civic engagement.
Raleigh is ...
A great place to get your first summer job, enter the workforce right out of high school, begin your professional journey as a new graduate, start a second career or work part-time after retirement.
Information Technology (IT)
Partnering with our customers to deliver services they value, our IT department provides technology services and digital solutions that serve as the foundation of City services to support quality of life, economic development, and innovation.
We offer a wide variety of career opportunities, including in:
- Enterprise applications and data
- Enterprise operations and infrastructure
- Enterprise project management office
- IT business relationship management
- IT finance contract and resource management
Providing safe, sustainable water services for our customers while protecting public health and contributing to the economic, environmental and social vitality of our communities, Raleigh Water is one of the City’s largest departments.
Here are some positions if you enjoy hands-on work that has a direct impact to others (these are also great opportunities for those entering the workforce out of high school):
- Maintenance specialists
- Maintenance technicians
- Plant maintenance mechanics
- Utilities analysts
- Utilities specialists
- Utilities technicians
Raleigh Water also has positions in:
- Customer care and utility billing
- Environmental services program
- Resource recovery
- Sewer maintenance
- Water treatment
The department designs, builds, and operates sustainable and resilient public infrastructure that protects and improves quality of life, supports healthy natural resources, and complements diverse growth for the Raleigh community.
Engineering Services oversees the design and construction of road, stormwater and City building projects, along with facility and vehicle operations and maintenance. The department can be a great choice for engineers and offers opportunities in:
- Construction management and facilities and operations
- Roadway design and construction
- Stormwater systems
- Vehicle fleet services
Raleigh is ...
Always looking for diverse, service-minded employees to join our organization. With our wide range of opportunities, there’s something for everyone at the City of Raleigh. Be it education, technology, medicine, finance, government, retail, publishing or the arts, Raleigh welcomes those with energy and aspirations.
To learn more about our job and career opportunities or to apply, please visit our career site. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Keep an eye out for videos of some of our employees talking about working for the City. Also, check out more information below about Raleigh as an employer.