Whether you want some basic tools for teaching about geographic informational systems (GIS), want to learn more about StoryMaps or GeoInquiries, this list of resources by interest area are a good place to start.
ArcGIS StoryMaps is an interactive online tool that lets you add text, videos and other multimedia content to maps. Get started teaching and using StoryMaps with these resources:
GeoInquiries™ are short, standards-based inquiry activities for teaching map-based content found in commonly used textbooks.
Planning and Other Teaching Tools
If you don't know where to start, or want to see some examples of what other teachers are doing, check out these lesson plans, videos and ebooks.
- Mapping Hour - A set of 20 informal one-hour instructional videos. We recommend starting with Week 1 Episode 1 and 4
- Instructional Design Assessment Examples - See samples of the tests and quizzes other teachers have created.
- Teaching GIS in CTE settings - View short videos and read articles about ARCGIS and App development for Career and Technical Education student lesson design ideas.
- Teaching, Technology, and Teacher Education During COVID-19 - Free e-book, free
- Handbook of Research on K-12 Online and Blended Learning - E-book
- Who Tells the Story? Social Studies, 7th Grade Lesson Plans
- Working with GIS Data? - a resource published by Syracuse University's online Master of Science in Library and Information Science program