The City of Raleigh accepts many paper products for recycling. See if your item is on the list below.
- Paper (junk mail, envelopes (including window envelopes), copy and fax paper, printed or blank)
- Paper clips should be removed from paper, but staples are okay
- Aseptic boxes (juice boxes, also used for wine, milk and soup)
- Please remove any straw and flatten it before placing in the recycling container.
- Gable top cartons (milk, juice, and laundry detergent cartons)
- Should be rinsed lightly and have their caps removed and discarded
- Newspapers and all inserts, magazines, catalogs, and paperback books
- Paperboard boxes and tubes (paperboard and chipboard include cereal, pasta, toothpaste and beer boxes. Tubes are used for paper towels, toilet paper and wrapping paper)
- Cups, napkins, plates and ice cream cartons
- Pizza Boxes
- Spiral paper cans (commonly used for nuts, refrigerated dough and potato chips)
- Hardback books
- Egg cartons (lowest grade of paperboard)
- Boxes with wax coatings
- Checkbooks, carbon paper, and/or paper with adhesive backing
Prepare Your Items
Papers should be removed from plastic bags or sleeves. Recycle the plastic bags at your local grocery store.
Remove any linings (like cereal boxes) or attached paper (tubes), and flatten the boxes