Administrative Review Adjudication Hearing Immobilization Process
Individuals who feel unjustly cited for a parking violation or believe a citation/ticket was issued in error, can appeal through two levels:
- Administrative Review - conducted by the City of Raleigh’s Parking Administration.
- If you are not satisfied with the decision of the committee, the second level of appeal is and Adjudication Hearing - before an independent adjudicator.
City Ordinance requires that a request to appeal a parking citation must be received not later than twenty-one (21) days from the date of issuance of the ticket. Once received, your appeal will be reviewed by the Appeal Review Committee. If the reviewers require additional information you will be contacted by phone or email. You will be notified of the review disposition by mail and email.
As a matter of policy, the Raleigh Parking program does not accept the following as grounds for appeal:
- Lack of knowledge of the City's parking regulations;
- No other vehicles were ticketed;
- Inability to find a valid parking space; or,
- Failure to have sufficient change or an alternate payment method for the meters.
A Request for Adjudication Hearing form must be received not later than 21 days from the date of the Administrative Review disposition notice.
This form is also available at the Raleigh Parking office. Please note that payment of the citation is required and will serve as a deposit for an adjudication hearing. The deposit will be fully refunded should the decision of the adjudicator be in favor of the requestor. Hearings are scheduled on the third Thursday of each month, commencing at 5:10 p.m. in the Raleigh Parking Office at:
Locating the Raleigh Parking Office -
310 W. Martin Street, Suite 109, Raleigh, NC 27601 (google map) Visitors are required to enter from the Martin Street entrance.
If you are parking near the Parking Office, please note that payment for metered, on-street parking is required until 6:00 p.m. Parking can also be found in the Dillon Parking Deck located behind the Raleigh Parking office on Harrington Street.
- Vehicles with three (3) or more outstanding citations at least 90 days old are subject to being booted. If your vehicle should become immobilized please contact the Raleigh Parking office 919-996-3996 or attend the parking office at 310 W. Martin St, Suite 109. Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. In order to have immobilization device removed from your vehicle you must pay all fines and any additional fees within 24 hours to avoid your vehicle being towed at your expense. Only cash, cashier's check, or bank draft is accepted once a vehicle is booted.
- In addition, when paying to have the immobilization device removed from your vehicle citizens will be required to show a current registration, and valid Driver’s License prior to vehicle being released.