Regular Rates Temporary Small Business Parking Relief Program Downtown Evening Employee Parking Program Hours and Rates Additional Lot Information
City Parking Deck Rates:
- $1.50/hour, first four hours;
- $2/hour after four hours to daily maximum;
- Daily maximum: $14;
- Special event parking: $10; and,
- Lost ticket charge: $25.
Three parking decks, the Performing Arts deck and the Convention Center/ Charter Square underground decks are $3 per hour, up to a daily maximum of $15.
Parking Deck Enhancements
- Reserved parking spaces in parking decks have been removed in all publicly accessible areas to increase available spaces
- City of Raleigh vehicles have been relocated to the top of the parking decks to create more available open parking spaces
- Several parking deck enhancement projects are underway to provide better lighting, signage, cleanliness, and more security surveillance at City-owned parking decks.
- The City is actively pursuing other opportunities to increase the available parking supply in Downtown as well as provide lower-cost alternatives to our current parking program.
We will continue to update our Raleigh Parking page with new information for both on-street and off-street parking.
Temporary Small Business Parking Relief Program
This program was created to provide temporary parking relief for restaurants, retailers and personal services businesses in downtown by offering a limited number of parking passes at several downtown parking garages. This is a 3-month program that begins in January of 2021 and is subject to extension by the City Council.
Applicants must be owners or an authorized management representative of a storefront restaurant, retailer or personal services business with less than 49 employees and will need to complete an application which includes the business’s EIN and other identifying information. The program has a limited number of spaces available and will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
- Program Hours: 24/7 access
- Rate: Free
- Garages where available: Wilmington Street Station, Moore Square, Municipal Complex, City Center/ Red Hat, Convention Center Underground.
- Limit of 10 passes per business
To sign up for the program or learn more about the application process contact McLaurin Parking at NCinfo@thecarpark.com or by phone at 919-833-7522.
Downtown Evening Employee Parking Program
This program was put in place to accommodate the needs of Downtown evening employees by offering a lower cost option for evening parking at several downtown parking garages.
Applicants will need to show proof of downtown evening employment in the form of a schedule or paystub. Attempted access to parking decks outside of the program hours will result in the access card being disabled and repeated misuse can result in cancellation of account.
- Program Hours: 3pm - 6am, Monday - Sunday
- Rate: $20/month
- Garages where available: Wilmington Street Station, Moore Square, Municipal Complex, and City Center/ Red Hat.
To sign up for the program, contact McLaurin Parking at 919-833-7522.
Hours and Rates
Below is a list of the City of Raleigh owned parking decks and locations.
Blount Street Parking Deck
314 Blount Street
Cabarrus Parking Deck
436 S. Salisbury Street
City Center/ Red Hat Parking Decks
429 S. Wilmington Street
Convention Center/ Charter Square Underground Decks
1 W. Lenoir Street
Moore Square Parking Deck
233 S. Wilmington Street
Municipal Complex Parking Deck
201 W. Morgan Street
Performing Arts Parking Deck
128 W. South Street
Wilmington Street Station Parking Deck
117 S. Wilmington Street
$5 After 5 Program
Note: The $5 After 5 program has been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.
Q. What changes should I be prepared for when I enter one of the decks with the $5 night fee after 5 PM on Friday or Saturday?
A. Additional parking attendants will be on duty at the entrance lanes to receive your payment of $5 (cash or credit card). You will be issued a pre-pay ticket which you must retain to give to the cashier on exit to avoid having to pay any additional parking fees. If you do not have your ticket when you exit, you can expect to pay the lost ticket fee of $25 which rule already applies for daytime customers.
Q. If I enter one of the decks with the $5 night fee sometime before 5 PM on Friday, how much would I have to pay?
A. The daily rate would apply up until time of exit. On Saturday, if a vehicle enters before 5 p.m. when parking attendants are not on duty, there is no charge when exiting.
Q. How do you define a "Special Event"?
A. A Special Event is defined as a large downtown activity which generates 10,000 or more attendees. These typically involve most if not all of the City of Raleigh parking decks.
Additional Lot Information
|Auditorium Lot A||
|Auditorium Lot B||
|City Market||1/hr, $8/max.||$5||$5||$80|
|E. Hargett & E. Martin St. Lots||$60|
|Anderson||$10 Event Parking||$75|