Each month will provide a new opportunity to challenge your “social-norms” by exploring people, situations and circumstances that might be different from your own. This virtual book club boasts a variety of popular titles.
Need assistance with purchasing an e-book or hard copy of the book? We can help! Contact us at HumanRelations@raleighnc.gov
Upcoming Books and Discussion Dates
Please note the following book discussions have been postponed until further notice.
- The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together
- Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents
Past Books and Discussion Dates
- How to Be an Antiracist - August 5
- Racial Segregation in Housing Discussion - May 12
- Color of Law: Part 2 Discussion - May 6
- Color of Law: Part 1 Discussion - April 29
- A Peculiar Kind of Immigrant's Son - November 2020
- Real Queer America, LGBT Stories from Red States - October 2020
- The New Jim Crow - August 2020
- Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome - July 2020
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism - July 2020