Each month will provide a new opportunity to challenge your “social-norms” by exploring people, situations and circumstances that might be different from your own. This virtual book club boasts a variety of popular titles.
Need assistance with purchasing an e-book or hard copy of the book? We can help! Contact us at HumanRelations@raleighnc.gov
Upcoming Books and Discussion Dates
For the remainder of the year, the Social Equity Book Club will be discussing the following three books. To register, please click the links below.
- How to Be an Antiracist - August 5
- The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together - September 30
- Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents - December 2
Past Books and Discussion Dates
- Racial Segregation in Housing Discussion - May 12
- Color of Law: Part 2 Discussion - May 6
- Color of Law: Part 1 Discussion - April 29
- A Peculiar Kind of Immigrant's Son - November 2020
- Real Queer America, LGBT Stories from Red States - October 2020
- The New Jim Crow - August 2020
- Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome - July 2020
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism - July 2020