Appeal Request Hearing Procedures
Individuals who feel unjustly cited for a red-light violation or believe a citation/ticket was issued in error, can appeal through the formal appeal process.
A Request for Adjudication Hearing form must be received no later than 30 days from the mail date on the front side of the citation. This form is included on the back of citation.
Please send the form to:
4924 Green Road, Suite 101
- Payment of the citation fine is required to serve as the deposit.
- Deposits are fully refunded if the adjudicator rules in your favor.
Hearings are scheduled on the first Wednesday of each month.
- Hearings are informal and designed to be a customer-friendly process that usually take about 15 minutes.
- You will be given an opportunity to state your circumstances and present supporting evidence such as photographs or diagrams.
- Photos from the camera as well as any pertinent records will also be introduced for the Hearing Officer to review.
- The Hearing Officer will render a written decision within 10 working days of the hearing.
- The written decision will be provided to the SafeLight Program and staff will mail the decision to all parties.
- The decision of the Hearing Officer is subject to review by proceedings in the nature of certiorari in Wake Superior Court within 30 days of the final decision of the appeals panel.