View Presentations and Other Event Materials Teacher and Student Resources Event Agenda About Previous GIS Days
Each year, GIS Day brings together city, industry, and students to showcase "the science of where" or how geographic information systems are integrated into our everyday lives.
GIS Day 2020 was held virtually on Nov. 18 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
View Presentations and Other Event Materials
If you weren't able to attend or want another look, some of our speakers have made their presentations and other information available.
- Take a mobile tour of Wake County's parks and preserves through a new lens - Wake County
- Watch an Esri tutorial for creating a data capture app, setting up a new web map, and setting up a web application to view data you capture - Esri
- "Transit and GIS" - City of Raleigh, Transit Division
- "Future of GIS: 3S, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Real -Time Location System" - Lawrence Muhammad, City of Raleigh
- "Adding GeoJSON Support to ArcGIS Pro with KoopJS" - City of Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources
GIS experts from the City, area governments, and the business community offered live virtual chats and questions. Some have provided additional information about their services.
View Poster, Map, or App Contest Entries
We received 15 entries to our contest. Check them out using StoryMaps
Teacher and Student Resources
We've compiled some great worksheets, games and other tools to help you learn how to use GIS.
GIS Day 2020 was hosted virtually by the City of Raleigh on Nov. 18, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Presentations included everything from using drones in earthquake investigations, to virtual reality and and election mapping.
Two tracks were set up based on interest or occupation.
|Professional & Industry||
Kids and Community
About Previous GIS Days
Last year's Raleigh GIS Day had a full schedule of presenters that included the lunch keynote “ Using the Power of GIS to Understand Access to Public Transit” presented by Andrew Kniowski, Cameron Crenshaw, Melinda Brown, ESRI.