Learn the fundamentals of connecting computers to networks through the IT Beginnings course offered at the Raleigh Pathways Center. The program will provide young adults the chance to improve their technology skills, learn about careers in IT, and develop job seeking skills.
This exciting first step could lead to a rewarding IT career. Upon successful completion of the course you will earn a CompTIA A+ Certification and receive a paid internship at the Kramden Institute. No prerequisites or computer knowledge required.
During the program you will:
- Learn computer hardware and software skills
- Identify high demand careers in IT and Cyber Security
- Develop a career plan
- Improve leadership, teamwork, and social skills to be successful on the job
- Earn a CompTIA A+ Certification
- Receive a paid internship at the Kramden Institute (upon certification completion)
Opportunities may include:
- Tours of IT-related businesses
- Employer networking
- Reviews of resumes
- Individual support
- Paid internships
Applications currently being accepted
Eligible applicants must be Wake County residents between the ages of 18 and 24 years. Applicants must have earned a high school diploma or GED and must be unemployed or underemployed.
Oct. 28, 2019 - July 3, 2020
Fall Classes: Mondays, Wednesdays and some Fridays
Winter/Spring: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Raleigh Pathways Center
900 S. Wilmington Street, Raleigh, NC
IT Beginnings is a partnership between City of Raleigh, Capital Area Workforce (CAWD), Wake Technical Community College, and Local Area Businesses.