We completed the first phase of the Blount St. - Person St. Corridor Plan, and now we are working on the second phase of the plan.
More Improvements on the Way
We have started the deign process for the Two-Way Conversion phase of the project. Visit our Blount St & Person Street Two-Way Conversion project page for all the details.
Phase I Improvements included:
- Resurfacing Blount and Person streets from Edenton Street to Wake Forest Road.
- Resurfacing Wake Forest Road from Person Street to Brookside Drive.
- Upgraded curb ramps in the area where the streets were resurfaced.
- Road diet conversion for Wake Forest Road from existing four lanes to three lanes, including a center turn lane and bike lanes (Person Street to Brookside Drive)
- Conversion of Blount and Person streets from existing two or three lanes to two lanes with a bike lane from Wake Forest Road to Hoke Street; and,
- Bicycle facilities south of Hoke Street to connect to the Walnut Creek Greenway Trail at South Wilmington Street.
The project was funded partly via the FFY17 CAMPO Locally Administered Projects Program (LAPP), the City of Raleigh 2013 Transportation Bond, and NCDOT State Resurfacing funds.
Bicycle and Pedestrian
- Project Lead:
Roadway Design & Construction
Sepi Engineering, (Contract Engineering Inspection) Fred Smith Company (Construction Contractor)