Raleigh Parks in partnership with NC State Extension – Wake County Educators would like to invite you to participate in the “Eat Smart, Move More” Nutrition series at participating Community Centers this Fall.
Registration is now open and will be free to participants. Participants will have a chance to receive several giveaways for attending this 6-week nutrition education class. Giveaways may include kitchen utensils, healthy recipes, and fresh produce courtesy of the Food Bank of Eastern North Carolina.
- Hill Street Neighborhood Center
Start: Saturdays, Sept. 16 at 11:30 a.m.
- Method Road Community Center
Start: Saturday, Sept. 30 at 11:00 a.m.
Registration: Sign up for a 6-week series online or claim your spot at the front desk of the participating Community Centers. Space is limited.
What to expect
Participants will discover creative skills and strategies for providing their families with nutritious meals on a limited budget and ways to improve their overall health.
Participants will also learn useful tips about how to:
- Save money at the grocery store.
- Eat more meals at home.
- Prepare Healthy and tasty meals for their families.
- Control Portion Sizes.
- Improve the diets of family members.
- Keep food safe, reduce waste, and foodborne illness
- Move more each day.
- Replace sugary beverages with healthy options.
Before You Come To A Class:
- Do not attend classes if you are feeling ill.
- Please arrive arrival 5 minutes before class.
- Restroom facilities will be available.