How to Donate Eligibility Financial Assistance Options How to Apply
The City of Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department strives to ensure that no one is denied the benefits of public recreation due to the inability to pay. Throughout the past 25 years we have provided assistance to families and individuals who would like to participate in programs but may not be able to afford program fees. In 1993, we held our first employee auction to help raise funds for this purpose. Funds continue to come from donations, employee charitable contributions, outside agencies, and generated revenue.
The Financial Assistance Program provides assistance on a sliding scale based upon income and other financial circumstances. Financial assistance is not guaranteed and is approved based upon need, program space, and fund availability.
How to Donate
You can make the difference in someone's life by giving a tax-deductible donation.
$10 donation helps a family to make a deposit for summer camp.
$20 donation allows a child to participate in youth sports programs or art classes.
$50 donation helps older adults increase mobility through an adult fitness swim class.
$100 donation allows a teen to attend a week-long summer camp.
100% of your donation goes directly to the Play It Forward Raleigh Financial Assistance Program to provide affordable, accessible programs that bring children, individuals, and families into our parks and give them great reasons to play for a lifetime.
Two ways to make a tax-deductible donation:
- Donate online via RecLink and search the unique barcodes for each donation amount
$10 donation (code #248298)
$20 donation (code #248299)
$50 donation (code #248300)
$100 donation (code #248301)
- Mail a completed donation form to:
City of Raleigh
Financial Assistance Program – 6107
P.O. Box 590 Raleigh, NC 27602
City of Raleigh tax ID number: 56-6000236
All applicants who wish to register for programs provided by the City of Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department are eligible to apply for financial assistance. Financial assistance is not available for programs that cost less than $15, specialty camps, organizations, adult teams, special events, trips, or rentals. It may take up to ten business days to receive a status update on your application.
Financial Assistance Options
- Fee Reduction: This option reduces the amount due for those unable to pay the full program fee. Approved applicants will receive financial assistance to cover a percentage of the registration fee. Fee reduction will not cover the entire cost of programs. Applicants will be notified of final payment amount and payment due date by email or phone.
- Payment Plan: Alternative payment schedule to allow installment payments over a specified time period. Installments are calculated based on the program fee, number of payments, and specified time period.
- Fee Reduction and Payment Plan: This is a combination of options 1 and 2 to help make a program affordable for the participant. This option is geared toward school programs and camps.
How to Apply
Download a financial assistance application:
- Complete your application, and attach your last two pay stubs and your most current 1040 tax information a minimum of three weeks prior to the start of the activity.
- Submit the application by mailing it in, faxing it, or scheduling an appointment two weeks in advance with the Financial Assistance Program Administrator.
City Of Raleigh
Financial Assistance Program - 6107
P.O. Box 590
Raleigh, N.C. 27602
FAX to: 919-996-7016
Schedule an Appointment: call the Financial Assistance Program Administrator at 919-996-4839 or email Fee.Assistance@raleighnc.gov