Image Above: Rendering produced by Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates (MVVA)
The City seeks several artists to work closely with the community and design team to create artworks for the Plaza & Play that speak to the themes of the Dorothea Dix Park Master Plan.
- Work with the community and design team to design and create artwork at Dorothea Dix Park Plaza & Play.
- Opportunities include creating an entrance experience including the grand stair, art interventions along pathways, creative shade structures, historic interpretation, creative play elements, and other placements for integrated art elements.
- Semi-finalists will be selected to interview for the project and paid a $200 stipend.
- Two to four artists/artist teams will be selected to design and fabricate artworks and assigned a tentative scope of work.
- The Phase I public art budget for detailed concept design (location and integration method) is $10,000 per artist/artist team.
- The Phase II public art budget for final designs, construction documents, fabrication, installation is up to $340,000 split between 2-4 artists/artist teams. The fabrication budget will be allocated at a later date by the Public Art and Design Board.
- Qualifications must be submitted by Monday, June 7 at 10 a.m. EST. There is no fee to submit qualifications.
Artist Call Presentation and Question & Answer Session
Public Art Director Kelly McChesney will give an overview of the project and potential art opportunities/locations followed by an open question and answer session on May 17, 2021, noon - 1 pm. The meeting will be held via Zoom, a free video-conferencing software. The meeting will be recorded and available online for anyone who cannot attend.