Celebrate Earth Day by making our city cleaner as part of Think Clean Raleigh! Join us Saturday, April 24, from 10 a.m. to noon or 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. to pick up litter along one of five designated Raleigh roads. Sign up to volunteer through our partner, Activate Good.
“Reports of roadside litter in Raleigh have been increasing, and it’s a major concern for me, our Council members, and the public. So come be part of the solution," said Mayor Mary-Ann Baldwin. “I can’t think of a better time than Earth Day for all of us to come together at different sites throughout the city, roll up our sleeves, and tackle trash.”
Anyone 16 or older (or age 12 if accompanied by an adult) is eligible to sign up to volunteer for Think Clean Raleigh. Sign-up is required and space is limited.
Volunteers will work in groups of approximately 15 people, each lead by team leaders who will guide the day’s efforts. City crews from several departments – Transportation, Solid Waste Services, Police, Fire and Water – will be on hand for safety and support.
Litter Pickup Sites
Based on community reports of litter problems and a Department of Transportation review, a road in each of the City’s five districts have been identified for the Saturday, April 24 litter pickup:
• District A – Bush Street
• District B – Brentwood Road
• District C – East Lenoir and East Davie Streets
• District D – Gorman Street
• District E – Crabtree Valley Avenue
Useful Information and Tips
- Wear outdoor attire and boots or close-toed shoes. Masks, gloves and garbage bags will be provided. Please remember to socially distance!
- In case of inclement weather, Think Clean Raleigh will be postponed until Saturday, May 1. All volunteers will be notified by 8 a.m. on April 24 of any schedule change.
- Think Clean Raleigh coincides with the final day of NCDOT’s Clean Sweep initiative to collect litter along state roads. To report a roadside litter problem, first please see map to identify whether it is a State- or City-maintained road Raleigh’s Transportation Department offers tips to help prevent litter.
- Anyone who unable to join us at the event s encouraged to help pitch in and pick up litter wherever they may be.