We are reconfiguring the crosswalk at Moore Square on Blount Street between Hargett and Martin Street to make it safer for pedestrians crossing the street.
- Running a roof drain to the storm drain system;
- Eliminating pooling water at curb;
- Reconfiguring the curb ramps;
- Removing existing crosswalk; and,
- Installing a new safer crosswalk.
The project is scheduled to take between four to six weeks. There will be intermittent sidewalk, vehicular traffic lane, and bike lane closures as we complete the project.
Businesses between Hargett and Martin Street are open during construction, and access to them is maintained at all times.
Contact: Grady McCollum, PE