The City of Raleigh's Building Up-fit Grant encourages growth and development by assisting small business owners with improvements, renovations, and/or additions to their commercial property.
Qualified improvements include:
- Mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing for build-out
- HVAC, fire suppression, and costs of bringing the building up to code
- Attached fixtures and/or installment of permanent fixtures, accessibility compliance, restrooms, utility upgrades, construction of new walls, and demolition of existing walls
- Support mechanisms (roofing, foundation, support beams, columns, trusses, etc.)
With the new year and new cycle we are excited to share the new Building Up-fit Grant FAQ! The purpose of the FAQ is to provide detailed answers to commonly asked questions about:
- Eligibility requirements
- Permits and project management
- Application FAQ
- Payment process FAQ
For complete information, visit our Building Up-fit Grant page. Applications will be accepted starting Friday, Jan. 8 until Friday, Feb. 5. Grant award winners will be notified by Friday, March 5.
Note: information submitted during the screening and application process is subject to public record requests.