The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission is expanding seasonal angling opportunities by stocking surplus trout in select bodies of water this month. Starting Thursday, Dec. 17, there will be a mix of Brook, Brown, and Rainbow Trout released into Simpkins Pond located in Lake Wheeler Park. There will be approximately 2,200 total specimens released.
The following regulations apply:
- Seven (7) trout per day creel limit
- No minimum length limit and no bait restrictions
- Trout may be harvested year-round
- Lake Wheeler Park daily or annual Fishing Permit required
- North Carolina State fishing license required (Trout Stamp will not be required)
For further information regarding the trout release, please contact the Lake Wheeler Park office at 919-662-5704.