The City of Raleigh Arts Commission has selected five individuals and one organization to receive the 2020 Raleigh Medal of Arts, the City’s highest arts honor, the Office of Raleigh Arts announced today.
The Medal of Arts awards ceremony, featuring special guests and performances, will air on January 12, 2021 on Raleigh Television Network’s (RTN) various platforms. Please stay tuned for more information.
- Debra Austin, Founding Member and Ballet Master, Carolina Ballet
- Betsy Buford, Cultural ambassador for Raleigh, Wake County and the state of North Carolina
- Grant Llewellyn, Music Director, North Carolina Symphony
- Eleanor Oakley, Executive Director, United Arts of Raleigh and Wake County (retired)
- Jeremy Tucker, Artistic Director, Raleigh Boychoir
Medal of Arts “Arts Hero” Award
Organization RDU On Stage receives this award for its focused support for arts organizations, individual artists and community members during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis and their informational and educational support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
About Raleigh Arts
The Office of Raleigh Arts supports and promotes the arts in Raleigh by administering the programs of the City of Raleigh Arts Commission and the City’s Public Art and Design Board, and by supporting the Pullen and Sertoma arts centers. The Office of Raleigh Arts is part of the City of Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department.