The Raleigh Human Relations Commission advises City Council in the area of human services and human rights. The Commission aims to help communities become more harmonious, respectful, and cohesive. The Commission promotes programs and activities that advance human dignity, equal opportunity, and mutual respect among Raleigh residents.
Residents with experience in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Social justice
- Civil rights/ human rights
- Social work
- Equity and inclusion
- Policy/ legal
- Public health
- Human Relations Commission members serve two-year terms with a maximum of three terms.
- Individuals can serve on no more than two Raleigh boards or commissions at one time.
- Members must live in Raleigh corporate limits.
How to Apply
- Complete the online interest form.
- Submit your resume to email@example.com. The subject line should include: HRC Applicant- your name (i.e. HRC Applicant- Susie Adams)
Please complete your online interest form and submit your resume no later than Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020 by 5 p.m.
For more information, visit the Human Relations Commission webpage.