Understanding the added strain COVID-19 has placed on individuals or families with children living in hotels, Raleigh City Council unanimously voted to allocate $100,000 to two non-profits to assist these members of our community.
The City will enter into contracts with Passage Home and Triangle Family Services for $50,000 each.
While state and county partners are working with local hotel owners to effectively address the matter, city leaders feel this needs an all-hands-on-deck approach to produce a positive outcome in a timely manner.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Limited to individuals or families with children living in hotels as of March 1, 2020.
- Must be able to document COVID-19 lost wages due to business closure or reduced hours.
- Prior to COVID-19 lost wages, household income at or below 50% AMI ($46,350 for a family of 4).
- Assistance amount based on documented lost wages and not exceeding $2,000 per month.
- Assistance payments made directly to hotel operator/manager
If you are interested in getting assistance through the program, call one of the Service Centers. When you call the Service Center you will be able to speak with someone who will be able to help you get connected to one of the agencies:
- Oak City Cares
1430 S. Wilmington Street Raleigh, NC 27603
Phone: 984-344-9599 (select Option #4)
**When you call this number, you will need to stay on the line to have the option to press 4.
- Wake County Northern Regional Center
350 E. Holding Avenue Wake Forest, NC 27587
- Wake County Southern Regional Center
130 N. Judd Parkway NE Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
- Wake County Eastern Regional Center
1002 Dogwood Drive Zebulon, NC 27597
- Dorcas Ministries
187 High House Road Cary, NC 27511
Phone: 919-469-9861 (ext 203)