Raleigh Police Department officers are inviting residents for casual conversation and coffee at local restaurants and business establishments in participation with the annual National Coffee with a Cop Day, Wednesday, Oct. 2.
Coffee with a Cop Day is a national initiative designed to help break down the barriers between residents and officers, build trust, and to discover mutual goals for the community. This is an opportunity for residents to speak with Raleigh officers in a friendly, casual atmosphere without agendas, presentations or speeches.
The Raleigh Police Department will join the national movement by hosting events in each district on Oct. 2:
- Starbucks - 9441 Strickland Rd. - 8 a.m. North District
- New York Bagel - 7909 Falls of Neuse Rd. - 10 a.m. - North District
- Sheetz - 5200 New Bern Ave. - 10 a.m - Southeast District
- Pine State Coffee - 1614 Automotive Way - 2 p.m. - Southeast District
- Pam's Farmhouse - 5111 Western Blvd. - 8:30 a.m - Southwest District
- Cafe Carolina - 401 Daniels St. - 10 a.m. - Southwest District
- Starbucks - 5100 Capital Blvd. - 10 a.m. - Northeast District
- Starbucks - 6282 Glenwood Ave. - 8 a.m. - Northwest District
- Brueggers Bagels - 7550 Creedmoor Rd. - 9 a.m. - Northwest District
- A Place at the Table - 300 W. Hargett St. - 8 a.m. - Downtown District
- Sir Walter Coffee - 145 E. Davie St. - 12 p.m. - Downtown District