The City of Raleigh’s announces the first Impact Partner Grant recipients. The Impact Partner Grant program supports Raleigh's growing and healthy innovation ecosystem. Five area innovators were awarded $25,000 grants to help develop and strengthen entrepreneurs, small businesses, and the local workforce in Raleigh.
1. Bunker Labs supports veteran entrepreneurs and military families with starting a business from the idea stage to the growth stage.
2. District C will recruit 84 new entrepreneurs to work with high school students to learn real-world problem-solving skills. Fifty of these new entrepreneurs will be underrepresented.
3. Innovate Raleigh will create an Ecosystem Asset Map and Assessment. Features of the map will include where to find: funding programs, co-working spaces, and general information about starting or growing a new venture in Raleigh.
4. NC RIoT will expand on existing programs which include: RIoT Accelerator Program, Internet of Things (IoT) education, Smart City coordination, and cluster steering.
5. Tech Talent South will support students with autism. The program will support social coaches to create and run events that connect the entrepreneurial community with people with disabilities.
The City of Raleigh, in partnership the Raleigh innovation ecosystem, is helping innovators make their ideas a reality.
For more information about the Office of Economic Development please visit www.Raleigh4U.com.