Summer is the perfect time to relax and unwind with friends or embark on a new adventure. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
• Check out a free Explorer Backpack and set out on a kid-friendly trail.
• Find a playground you have never visited and burn some energy!
• Bring a blanket or chair and enjoy an evening of music at the Summer Concert Series.
• Stroll through the sensory and nature play garden at Durant Nature Preserve.
• Visit Walnut Creek Wetland Park for free, self-guided activities like a scavenger
hunt or craft.
• Cool down with the interactive water feature at John Chavis Memorial Park.
• Explore the Capital Area Greenway system, with over 100 miles of trails, each with
unique features, destinations, and character.
• Follow along with a StoryWalk® at the park. It’s a great way to encourage reading
while enjoying the outdoors!