Project Scope: From Farm Gate Road to Xebec Way.
Street improvements include:
- Two proposed, at Farm Gate Road and Bashford Road;
- A center turn lane for adequate turning traffic storage at the remaining intersections along the corridor;
- Marked bicycle lanes;
- Curbs and gutters;
- Culvert replacement near Bashford Road;
- New streetlights;
- Sidewalks on both sides of the roadway;
- Transit stops were upgraded to include marked crosswalks and pedestrian refuge islands at mid-block crossings; and,
- A sidewalk installed on the west side of Buck Jones from Farm Gate to the existing bridge overpass of I-40.
- Project Lead:
Roadway Design & Construction
URS Corporation North Carolina (Project Design Consultant), Carolina Sunrock, LLC (Construction Contractor)