Take Part in a Community Check-in!
We’ve added detail and refinement to draft recommendations since hearing from you late last year and earlier this year. This is a check-in to review the plan before finalized recommendations are delivered to City Council and Planning Commission for their review. There are three ways to participate:
- Drop-In: Tarboro Community Center, 121 N. Tarboro Street, April 20, 1-7 p.m.
- Online: Join us for an online event on April 20, from 6-7 p.m.
- Survey: We'll also have a survey posted here before, and for a week after, the meeting.
We’ll talk about the big ideas and details of how to:
- Addressing affordability
- Expanding housing choices near bus rapid transit stations
- Improving walkability
- Assisting existing small businesses and future entrepreneurs
Telling the story of New Bern’s history and culture boldly in the form of public art and placemaking.