Welcome to the Virtual Open House for the Six Forks Road Improvement Project.
We plan to make some exciting improvements Six Forks Road between Rowan Street and Lynn Road.
Proposed Improvements Include:
- New Bikeways;
- New Sidewalks;
- Protected intersections;
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure; and,
Explore This Page!
- We have a video that features key aspects of the project, including what the transformation of the corridor will look like.
- You will also find project maps showing some of the design details.
- Plus ways for you to get involved, including dates and times for virtual meetings.
- There is even a way to sign up for one-on-one meetings with the project manager to review how the project may affect your property or business.
View this video to learn about the exciting enhancements we are proposing for the Six Forks Road corridor, get an idea of some of the challenges we face as we move ahead with our designs, and see what the project will look like when it is completed.
Live Q&A Sessions
We are having two live virtual Q&A sessions!
These sessions are a great opportunity to learn more details about the project and ask general design questions.
Live Session Times:
Registration is not required for either of these dates.
Go to the Six Forks Road Improvement Project's Public Engagement Page to attend either event, submit your questions, and view the recording after the event.
Not able to attend either event? That is okay.
We will have the meetings recorded and the team is always happy to answer your questions. Use our project Comment Form and someone from the team will be in touch.
Have Questions About Impacts to Your Property?
To help explain possible impacts to your property or business, we are holding virtual office hours the week of October 4.
The meetings will be 30 minute one-on-one virtual Zoom meetings.
Project maps are schematic design plans that show design elements along the entire corridor. They help visualize what the impacts on properties along the corridor may be and show the different components of the project. View the project maps to see the design elements we are proposing.
The project maps are in a PDF format to allow the viewer to zoom in for a closer look.