Are you a teen in Raleigh seeking summer employment and career development? Apply for the Raleigh Summer Youth Employment Program!
The Raleigh Summer Youth Employment Program helps teens between the ages of 15 and 18 develop their skills and prepare for future employment by spending the summer working for the City of Raleigh. Over seven weeks, 200 summer youth employees will gain valuable work experience, discover possible career pathways, and learn topics such as financial literacy, civic engagement, workforce soft skills, and leadership. Employees also can receive mentorship from firefighters, law enforcement staff, local business owners, and professionals from organizations such as Bank of America and UNC Health.
Please apply online no later than March 31, 2023.
To be eligible, you must:
- be age 15-18 as of May 31;
- live within Raleigh city limits;
- be available to work June 20-August 4;
- attend the program orientation on May 20;
- be the only person in your household participating in this program;
- have computer and internet access, if you choose the virtual option;
- not miss more than four program days;
- not be enrolled in summer school; and,
- have a NC State Issued ID, Learner's Permit, Driver's License, or current School Card that shows a Raleigh zip code at the time of the interview. No exceptions.