The project currently in design improves the connection between two greenway trails and college campuses. It will include:
- A two way separated bicycle facility, also known as a cycle track) on the bridge over the North Carolina Railroad.
- Improvements at the intersection of Hillsborough St., Gorman St., Faircloth St., and Clark Ave. to facilitate safe bicycle and pedestrian crossing and access to the Reedy Creek Trail.
- Improvements at the intersection of Gorman St., Sullivan Dr., and Ligon St., to facilitate safe bicycle and pedestrian crossing and access to the Rocky Branch Trail.
- The project forms a link in the Art to the Heart Corridor, linking Downtown Raleigh to the NC Museum of Art.
- The project forms a link in the East Coast Greenway.
- Construction is expected in 2017.
Bicycle and Pedestrian
City of Raleigh Department of Transportation, Alta Planning + Design (Project Design Consultant), North Carolina State University (Partner), City of Raleigh Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Department (Partner), CACs: Wade, Hillsborough