We are in the first phase of the Blount St. - Person St. Corridor Plan.
It will include:
- Resurfacing for Blount and Person streets from Edenton Street to Wake Forest Road.
- Resurfacing for Wake Forest Road from Person Street to Brookside Drive.
- Upgraded curb ramps in the area where the streets are being resurfaced.
- Road diet conversion for Wake Forest Road from existing four lanes to three lanes, including a center turn lane and bike lanes (Person Street to Brookside Drive)
- Conversion of Blount and Person streets from existing two or three lanes to two lanes with bike lane from Wake Forest Road to Hoke Street;
- Most on-street parking is expected to stay the same along the corridor;
- Some part-time parking will be made full-time;
- Some parking will be added; and,
- Some parking is proposed to be removed.
- Bicycle facilities south of Hoke Street to connect to the Walnut Creek Greenway Trail at South Wilmington Street.
The project is being funded partly via the FFY17 CAMPO Locally Administered Projects Program (LAPP), the City of Raleigh 2013 Transportation Bond, and NCDOT State Resurfacing funds.
Bicycle and Pedestrian
- Project Lead:
Roadway Design & Construction
Sepi Engineering, (Contract Engineering Inspection) Fred Smith Company (Construction Contractor)