Before You Begin Your Project Submittal Requirements Additional Information Review Turnaround Time Fees Next Steps
Residential Standard Review is a full structural review of one and two-family dwelling construction projects. This is the process most often used by builders of new single-family homes and duplexes.
Individuals wishing to build a single-family residential plan design more than one time, or submit a set of fully sealed structural plans may use the Certified Review process to submit.
Before You Begin Your Project
The following information is important to review before submittal:
- Is the project on a legally created lot with an established address?
- Have you validated your contractor licensing and public improvement compliance?
- If house is to be built in a historic district you may need a Certificate of Appropriateness,
- You may need NC Department of Transportation driveway or encroachment permits if the property is on a state road
- Variance approved by Board of Adjustment, if applicable
- Annexation Application (pdf) if the project is outside the City limits and you wish to tap onto City water and sewer
|Required for Submittal||
|Required for Some Projects||
Review Turnaround Time
- See Development Fee Schedule for specific fees
- Fees are processed at the Litchford Satellite Office
- Payment types include cash, MasterCard, Visa or check made payable to the City of Raleigh
Use this Fee Calculator to obtain an estimate of Building and Trade Permit Fees.
Schedule all applicable inspections.