Prerequisites Submittal Requirements Expected Processing Time Fees
This is a procedure for processing residential permits on property that has an existing private well or wastewater (septic) system. This procedure applies to permits to construct:
- Accessory structures
- Attached and detached garages
- Bedroom conversion to heated square footage
- Geothermal wells
- Swimming pools
- A septic permit application must be submitted to Wake County Department of Environmental Services and the Wake County permit number must be provided on the City of Raleigh residential permit application.
- Contractor information (contractor license, contact information, workers compensation, liability insurance, etc.) must be complete, current and valid in the City of Raleigh Contractor file. Contact the Development Services Customer Service Center to confirm the accuracy of all required data
|Required for Submittal||
This project type falls under the Minor Permitting process. Please visit this page for more information on what is needed for this type of project.
Expected Processing Time
- See Development Fee Schedule for specific fees
- Permit fees are due before permits are issued
- The Development Services Customer Service Center processes payments
- Payment types include: cash, MasterCard, Visa or check made payable to the City of Raleigh
- You can also pay fees online via a registered account in the Permit and Development Portal.