Overview Locations Register Weather Policy
The Recreation and Education Center (REC) program is designed for elementary and middle school students participating in traditional, year-round and modified school calendars, home school students, and participants enrolled in virtual learning. This program strives to provide a fun environment modified for the safety of staff and participants. Program operational hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Recreation and Education Centers (REC) activities will include arts and crafts, active and quiet games, outdoor activities, physical activity, movies, cards and board games, and other activities. Time during the day will be designated for each participant to participate in remote learning, digital time and/or a quiet activity.
Participants will be assigned to a group, called a “household”, upon arrival at the center. Each household will be limited to 15 participants or less and will be assigned to a home base. Activities have been modified so that any shared equipment will be used only by one household or sanitized between household use and group contact will be limited to no more than two households. Locations with gymnasiums will be shared spaces allowing for active indoor recreation opportunities during the day. Households may alternate use of home base and gym spaces. Outside time will be scheduled as frequently as possible, weather permitting. This includes using picnic shelters or outside spaces for meal times and activities. Program use of outdoor amenities will be consistent with federal, state and local guidance. Group bathroom breaks and individual breaks will be provided.
- Participant not qualified for free/reduced lunch: City resident- $120/week | Non-city resident - $135/week
- Participant qualifies for free/reduced lunch: City resident - $40/week | Non-city resident - $55/week
- A $5 registration fee per week, per child is due at the time of registration. The first payment is due on the first day of the program. Each subsequent payment will be due monthly and will be for the care within that month (i.e. October payment due will be for the weeks of 10/5, 10/12, 10/19 and 10/26)
- Financial Assistance Application
- Submit proof of free and reduced lunch to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I cannot pay for all camps in full, can I request a payment plan?
Yes, you may request a payment plan; however, there is a $5 deposit
due at the time of registration. To select a payment plan, click “Request
Payment Plan” under each week of camp. Once your registration is
complete, your receipt and payment plan schedule will be emailed to you.
Raleigh Parks will make every effort to operate centers from August 17 to December 18, 2020 with a possibility of extending into Spring 2021, if needed. There are circumstances that could force changes in center location, closure of a site, closure of multiple sites or closure of the entire centers program including, but not limited to, direct COVID-19 exposure to participants/staff at a site, a spike in community spread/transmission in the Raleigh area, or staff shortages. Should circumstances force a closure, Raleigh Parks will communicate this information as quickly as possible.
Program Locations and Staff for Grades K-5
- Barwell Road* - 919-996-5994
- Program Managers: Travis McCollum, Tori Voska, and Kevin Sanders
- Biltmore Hills - 919-996-6895
- Program Managers: Shannon Bass, Kenny Lyons, Karla Bonilla
- Brier Creek - 919-420-2340
- Program Managers: Carley Dixon, Laura Brannon, Scott Graham
- Jaycee - 919-996-6833
- Program Managers: Amanda Holton, Dan Bacon, Tomara Rock
- Laurel Hills* - 919-996-2383
- Program Managers: Tori Mocock, James Triplette, Sean Quigley and Michelle Matson
- Berry O’Kelly/Harveleigh White at Method/Pioneer - 919-996-6066
- Program Managers: Autumn Stecker, Elizabeth Sharpe
- Marsh Creek - 919-996-4920
- Program Managers: Piper Taylor, Heather O’Brien, Chase Sasse
- Millbrook Exchange/Anne Gordon - 919-996-4156
- Program Managers: Krystal Jones, Linda Stafford, Brian Philpot
- Roberts* - 919-831-6830
- Program Managers: Kiara Hairston, Calvin Mitchell
- Worthdale - 919-996-2730
- Program Managers: Kiara Bridges, Carletta Moore, Troy Smith
Program Locations and Staff for Grades 6-8
- Saint Monica Teen Center/Tarboro Road - 919-996-4770
- Program Managers: Jason Jones
- Peach Road - 919-807-8545
- Teen Program Staff
- Eastgate - 919-996-2139
- Teen Program Staff
*Raleigh Parks supports our community through centers serving as early voting locations. Starred sites will be hosting early voting this fall, and the REC program will relocate to a nearby facility for the weeks of Oct. 12, Oct. 19, Oct. 26, and Nov. 2. Additional sites may be needed to host regular voting on Nov. 3. If additional REC program locations are selected to host regular voting, those locations will close on Nov. 3 and Nov. 4 and the REC program fees will be pro-rated for that week.
Schedules can be altered by site and as needed for program and weather conditions. The program schedule may vary for middle school programming.
- 8 to 9 a.m. Arrival and choice play in home base, outside and/or gym per designated schedule
- 9 to 10:30 a.m. Remote learning, quiet activity, and/or digital time in home base
- 10:30 to 11 a.m. Morning snack and bathroom break with extra remote learning time
- 11 to 11:45 a.m. Active activity in gym or outside space
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Lunch and board games in home base with bathroom breaks and digital time
- 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Organized activity in gym or outside
- 1:45 to 2:30 p.m. Organized art activity in home base
- 2:30 to 3 p.m. Group bathroom break and afternoon snack
- 3 to 3:45 p.m. Brain boosters game or equivalent
- 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. Organized activity in gym or outside
- 4:30 to 5 p.m. Group bathroom break and return to homerooms for checkout
Registration for Recreation and Education Centers (REC) begins Friday, August 7 at 9 a.m. online through RecLink.
- Visit RecLink
- Click Browse Program/Camps
- Click Advanced Search
- Enter Keyword: REC 2020
- Registration: 919-996-4800
- Reclink Support: 919-996-2153
- REC Program: 919-996-6165