Parks Facilities and Amenities Status Program Status
Parks Facilities and Amenities Status
- General Park Open Space
- Greenway Trails
- Millbrook Aquatic Center, Optimist Aquatic Center, and Pullen Aquatic Center are open with limited capacity. Before visiting, please be sure to review our Aquatics Know Before You Go guide which includes important information about admission and reserving space at one of our pools.
- Nature Preserve Parks: Durant Nature Preserve, Annie Louise Wilkerson, MD Nature Preserve, Forest Ridge Park, and Horseshoe Farm Nature Preserve. See each page for operating hours.
- Lakes (Lake Wheeler and Lake Johnson) - Open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
- Dog Parks
- Skate Park and BMX Bike Track
- Outdoor Restrooms/Comfort Stations
- Tennis Courts
- Millbrook Tennis Center
- Outdoor Pickleball Courts
- Private Boat Launch (Lake Wheeler Only)
- Disc Golf Courses
- Picnic Shelters
- Outdoor Basketball Courts
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Baseball and Softball Fields
- Softball and Baseball Field Rentals
- Outdoor Picnic Shelters Rentals
- Outdoor Special Events Rentals
- Community and Neighborhood Centers - excludes Recreation and Education Centers Locations and Reduced Capacity (Gyms and Fitness Rooms Remain Closed)
- Museums and Historic Sites - Reduced Capacity
- Art Centers - Reduced Capacity
- Thomas G Crowder Woodland Center and The Norman and Betty Camp Education Center
- Moore Square Interactive Water Feature
- Multipurpose Fields and Outdoor Field Rentals - All users must follow outdoor group gathering limits
- Pullen Park Train and Kiddie Boat Rides - Limited Capacity (Please expect extended wait times during peak hours)
- Indoor Facility Rentals - Indoor Gathering Limits must be met (No rentals will be available at Recreation and Education Center (REC) program locations.)
- Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center - Limited Capacity (Before visiting, please be sure to review our Aquatics Know Before You Go guide which includes important information about admission and reserving space at one of our pools.)
- Active Adult Centers - Modified Hours for Programs and Registration Only
Classes and programs may be held if they are low-intensity and able to be modified to meet state and local guidelines. All programs are subject to modification or cancellation.
- The City of Raleigh considers the health and well-being of our participants and staff to be of the utmost importance. Therefore, we have made the difficult decision to cancel lacrosse leagues this spring. Thank you for continuing to support Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department athletics. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach us at email@example.com. We appreciate your continued patience and we hope to see you on the field again soon.
- Youth Programs has modified existing programming to continue offering school-based programs. Learn more about current program offerings here.
Active Adults Program
- Limited programs have resumed. Learn More Here
- All Active Adults overnight and day trips are postponed until further notice.
- Golden Years clubs should follow the Governor’s gathering guidelines.