Parks Facilities and Amenities Status Program Status
Parks Facilities and Amenities Status
- General Park Open Space
- Greenway Trails
- Millbrook Aquatic Center, Optimist Aquatic Center, and Pullen Aquatic Center are open with limited capacity. Before visiting, please be sure to review our Aquatics Know Before You Go guide which includes important information about admission and reserving space at one of our pools.
- Nature Preserve Parks: Durant Nature Preserve, Annie Louise Wilkerson, MD Nature Preserve, Forest Ridge Park, and Horseshoe Farm Nature Preserve. See each page for operating hours.
- Lakes (Lake Wheeler and Lake Johnson) - Open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
- Dog Parks
- Skate Park and BMX Bike Track
- Outdoor Restrooms/Comfort Stations
- Tennis Courts
- Millbrook Tennis Center
- Outdoor Pickleball Courts
- Private Boat Launch
- Disc Golf Courses
- Picnic Shelters
- Outdoor Basketball Courts
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Baseball and Softball Fields
- Softball and Baseball Field Rentals
- Outdoor Picnic Shelters Rentals
- Outdoor Special Events Rentals
- Community and Neighborhood Centers - excludes Recreation and Education Centers Locations and Reduced Capacity (Gyms and Fitness Rooms Remain Closed)
- Museums and Historic Sites - Reduced Capacity
- Art Centers - Reduced Capacity
- Thomas G Crowder Woodland Center and The Norman and Betty Camp Education Center
Classes and programs may be held if they are low-intensity and able to be modified to meet state and local guidelines. All programs are subject to modification or cancellation. Raleigh Parks Know Before You Go
- Raleigh Parks has made the difficult decision to cancel Holiday Express for 2020. Our top priorities are the health and safety of our community. While we are very disappointed, we feel that this is in the best interest of our visitors and staff. We are hard at work planning other ways to bring you cheer this holiday season!
- Adult and youth athletic leagues will resume for baseball and softball only.
- Youth Programs has modified existing programming to continue offering school-based programs opportunities to children in grades K-8. Recreation and Education Centers (REC) is a new program offered from August 17, 2020 through December 18, 2020. The Parks Play, Activate, Connect Kids Program (PACK) is a free after school recreation based program for youth in kindergarten through 5th grade that is offered at five local community centers across the City of Raleigh.
- Traditional Before School X-Press, After School X-Press, Track Out X-Press, Community After School Program (CAPs), Teen Outreach Program (TOPs), and YES day programs are canceled for Fall 2020.
Active Adults Program
- All Active Adults programs at Five Points Active Adult Center are canceled through at least October 1, 2020.
- All Active Adults programs at Anne Gordon Center are canceled through at least January 2021.
- All Active Adults overnight and day trips are postponed until further notice.
- Golden Years clubs should follow the Governor’s gathering guidelines.