Parks Facilities and Amenities Status Program Status
Parks Facilities and Amenities Status
- General Park Open Space
- Greenway Trails
- Pullen Park Carousel, Pullen Train, and Kiddie Boat Rides - Limited Capacity and Schedule (Please expect extended wait times during peak hours)
- Fitness Rooms - Reduced Capacity
- Millbrook Aquatic Center, Optimist Aquatic Center, Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center, and Pullen Aquatic Center - Limited Capacity (Before visiting, please be sure to review our Aquatics Know Before You Go guide.)
- Nature Preserve Parks: Durant Nature Preserve, Annie Louise Wilkerson, MD Nature Preserve, Forest Ridge Park, and Horseshoe Farm Nature Preserve. See each page for operating hours.
- Lakes (Lake Wheeler and Lake Johnson) - Open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
- Dog Parks
- Skate Park and BMX Bike Track
- Outdoor Restrooms/Comfort Stations
- Tennis Courts
- Millbrook Tennis Center
- Outdoor Pickleball Courts
- Private Boat Launch (Lake Wheeler Only)
- Disc Golf Courses
- Picnic Shelters
- Outdoor Basketball Courts
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Baseball and Softball Fields
- Softball and Baseball Field Rentals
- Outdoor Picnic Shelters Rentals
- Outdoor Special Events Rentals
- Community and Neighborhood Centers - excludes Recreation and Education Centers Locations and Reduced Capacity
- Museums and Historic Sites - Reduced Capacity
- Art Centers - Reduced Capacity
- Thomas G Crowder Woodland Center and The Norman and Betty Camp Education Center
- Moore Square Interactive Water Feature
- Multipurpose Fields and Outdoor Field Rentals - All users must follow outdoor group gathering limits
- Indoor Facility Rentals - Indoor Gathering Limits must be met
- Active Adult Centers - Modified Hours
Classes and programs may be held if they are low-intensity and able to be modified to meet state and local guidelines. All programs are subject to modification or cancellation.
Raleigh Parks will make the following modification to operations at Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center:
- Effective May 8, 2021, reservations will no longer be needed for recreation swim. We will welcome all swimmers on a first-come, first-serve basis as capacity limits allow. If the facility has reached capacity when you arrive, a waiting list will be available. City of Raleigh aquatics staff will still require wellness screenings for everyone entering the facility. Regular cleanings will occur throughout the day, and masks must be worn by all individuals while not in the water. Learn more about Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center
- Youth Programs has modified existing programming to continue offering school-based programs. Learn more about current program offerings.
Active Adults Program
- Limited programs have resumed. Browse current active adult programs.
- All Active Adults overnight and day trips are postponed until further notice.
- Golden Years clubs should follow the Governor’s gathering guidelines.