Parks Facilities and Amenities Status Program Status
Parks Facilities and Amenities Status
- General Park Open Space
- Greenway Trails
- Millbrook Aquatic Center, Optimist Aquatic Center, Pullen Aquatic Center, Biltmore Pool, Lake Johnson Pool, Longview Pool, and Ridge Road Pool will open with limited capacity. Buffaloe Aquatic Center and all spray grounds remain closed. Before visiting, please be sure to review our Aquatics Know Before You Go guide which includes important information about admission and reserving space at one of our pools.
- Nature Preserve Parks are open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. This includes the following: Durant Nature Preserve, Annie Louise Wilkerson, MD Nature Preserve, Forest Ridge Park, and Horseshoe Farm Nature Preserve. Park gates will close promptly at 8 p.m. so please plan your visit accordingly. Park offices will remain closed.
- Lakes (Lake Wheeler and Lake Johnson) - Open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
- Dog Parks
- Skate Park and BMX Bike Track
- Outdoor Restrooms/Comfort Stations
- Picnic Shelters
- Tennis Courts - Singles Play Strongly Encouraged
- Millbrook Tennis Center - Singles Play Strongly Encouraged
- Outdoor Pickleball Courts - Singles Play Strongly Encouraged
- Private Boat Launch
- Disc Golf Courses
- Maintenance service levels in parks and greenways are reduced.
- Community, Neighborhood and Teen Centers
- Active Adult Centers
- Buffaloe Aquatic Center and Spray Grounds
- Drinking Fountains
- Athletic Fields
- Outdoor Basketball Courts
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Museums and Historic Sites
- Moore Square Interactive Water Feature
- Pullen Amusements and Chavis Carousel
- Indoor facility and athletic field rentals are not available at this time. No new rentals will be booked prior to July 17, 2020.
- Boat Rentals
- Taking into consideration the health and safety of our participants and staff, all other Raleigh Parks programs and events are canceled through at least July 17 except for select summer camps.
- Registration for fall athletic leagues has been postponed to July 13-24 and will be available online through RecLink. Please review our Athletics Know Before You Go Guide prior to registering. Youth registration includes flag football, cheerleading, baseball, and softball. Adult registration includes kickball, baseball, and softball.
- Registration for September-December 2020 programs is scheduled to begin July 28, 2020.
- With the health and safety of the community as a top priority, the City of Raleigh has decided not to plant the Dix Park Sunflower Field this year. More Information
- Uncertainty related to COVID-19 and large gatherings has caused us to postpone Holiday Express ticket sales, originally scheduled to begin July 28. Updates on the status of the event and ticket sales will be shared on the Holiday Express webpage. We appreciate your support, passion, and enthusiasm for Holiday Express and hope to see you in December!