GoRaleigh Service Update
The health and safety of GoRaleigh’s customers and employees remain our top priority. In order to provide additional seats on our buses for social distancing, GoRaleigh routes will continue to operate on their normal schedules.
GoRaleigh’s R-Line is temporarily suspended. Service will resume when certain benchmarks are met.
The 40X Wake Tech Express is running on a modified schedule.
The TSA requires proper wearing of face masks, per federal law. Face masks are to be worn at all times. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding or removal, and may results in penalties.
GoRaleigh Implements Rear Door Boarding
Customers will be asked to board GoRaleigh buses using the rear doors in an effort to promote greater social distancing. GoRaleigh cannot collect fares at the rear doors, therefore fare collection has been suspended during this time. Front door access will be available for persons with disabilities.
Passengers are required per federal law to wear masks while on the bus, at shelters and in the station. GoRaleigh standard sized buses will allow up to 16 passengers to comply with social distancing practices. If a bus reaches full capacity and resources are available at the time, a tripper bus will be sent to pick up any remaining passengers.
All GoRaleigh staff members are receiving daily wellness checks at the beginning of their shifts and are required to wear masks when operating buses.
GoRaleigh COVID-19 Cleaning Procedures
While all GoRaleigh facilities are cleaned, and buses are cleaned, fueled and checked as part of standard daily GoRaleigh operations, in response to the evolving COVID-19 concern, GoRaleigh has taken additional precautionary measures including:
- spraying and wiping all bus areas with Clorox commercial disinfecting spray;
- spraying and wiping door handles, common areas and surfaces throughout GoRaleigh facilities multiple times a day with Clorox commercial disinfecting spray;
- providing sanitizing wipes for all GoRaleigh staff including bus operators;
- installing sanitizing pumps throughout GoRaleigh facilities;
- providing sanitizing pumps for bus operators and public use on all buses;
- social distancing signage for seating on buses;
- weekly fogging of buses with Zep Triton disinfectant;
- fogging of buses shelters with Zep Triton disinfectant;
- nightly fogging with Zep Triton disinfectant for GoRaleigh Station public restrooms;
- N95 mask distribution to all front-line employees;
- glove distribution to all operators;
- spot sanitizing on buses throughout the day;
- chain installed to promote additional social distancing behind bus operator at rear of wheel well; and
- deep cleaning of the entire fleet daily.
Schedule information is available on goraleigh.org. Our Regional Information Center can answer any specific questions that you may have at 919-485-7433 (RIDE).
For more information on the local response to the virus, please visit Wake County’s COVID-19 page at www.wakegov.com/covid19.