The Office of Economic Development and Innovation commits to supporting Raleigh’s vibrant business community as it responds to the impacts of COVID-19. We are monitoring guidance from federal, state and local public health authorities and resources provided by the State and Federal Government.
Wake County continues to respond to COVID-19 and has provided additional resources. If you're a local business and are interested in resources to help enforce compliance with safety guidelines:
- Wake County Assets
- NC Department of Health and Human Services (Prevent and Protect Media Kit)
- City of Raleigh Social Distancing Media Kit
The City of Raleigh continues to remain operational, but some services are still limited. Visit the City of Raleigh's COVID-19 Response page for more information.
For Questions Regarding If You Can Be Open for Business call the Department of Revenue 877-252-3052.
Phase 2 Information
- City offers businesses free temporary permit to extend outdoor seating and dining. Read about requirements and other FAQs
- Find out more about ABC Commission guidelines for outdoor seating and other state and local government Phase 2 re-opening announcements.
- Raleigh parking meters are back online, payments start June 1. Curbside pickup zones will continue in their current form for the foreseeable future. We believe this is vital to the continued success of downtown businesses. Learn more
Funding for Small Businesses
Raleigh, Wake County and N.C. Humanities Council are among many groups with programs for small businesses during COVID-19.
- (4/1/20) Insights from Raleigh Businesses and the Loan Process Use password Insights1 to access the recording.
- (4/8/20) Solutions for Business Tenants and Landlords
- (4/15/20) Financial Solutions for Wake County Child Care Providers
- (4/22/20) COVID-19 SBA Support for the Small Business Owner
- (4/30/20) NC Unemployment Benefits for Business Owners
- (5/7/20) Raleigh COVID-19 Small Business Relief Fund English | En español
- (5/13/20) Mindful Re-Opening - Safety Precautions for Small Businesses
- (5/20/20) Caring for Your Team During COVID-19 Re-Opening
- (6/11/20) Parking, Curbside Pickup, and Outdoor Dining – Phase 2 Guidelines and Recommendations
Find Out More About:
Sign up for Alerts
Subscribe to get emails from us with the latest news. Make sure to select "Economic Development News & Events" as one of your topics to follow.